Fediverse.network’s goal is to build a comprehensible list/map and statistics of the known oStatus/ActivityPub fediverse.
As side-goals, it provides a monitoring service for instance owners.
Warning: The site and its data is far from perfect yet!
Other protocols than oStatus/ActivityPub may be added some day, for more details see the info page.
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- On the fediverse: @firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC: irc.random.sh #fd (TLS mandatory, port 6697)
The crawlers IPs are:
- crawler-us-il-1.fediverse.network (
- makhnovtchina.random.sh (
API and database access
The rest of the API is now under work for real!
Read-only access to the fediverse.network underlying database can be provided for research purposes, either by traditional postgresql access or by using metabase. Send an email!
Written in Elixir, uses PostgreSQL with TimescaleDB, and licensed under AGPL; hosted on the glorious FreeBSD.
Third Party data sources
- GeoLite2 Country and ASN, licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0, created by MaxMind, available from maxmind.com.
- Public Suffix List, publicsuffix.org.
- chartd.co is used to generate the png/svg charts used in lists/charts api.
- joinmastodon.org server list data is used to know if the instance adheres to the Mastodon Covenant, and to get instance topics.
- instances.social server list data is used to get instance topics/….
- Developed by contributors (@href, @hecate, @lerk) and hosted by @href
- Contains an embedded Pleroma instance
- Thanks to @dashie for supporting some of href’s rants, helping in testing, reporting various issues, and for the nodeinfo validator idea and well-known schema.
- Thanks to @Famine for the logo
- Thanks to @feld for helping hosting the main crawler
- Thanks to @rin for building fun queries out the data on metabase
- special thanks to the whole fediverse too!